Eating awesome food is a big part of our family football traditions. We don’t have big parties (our house is too small, and we only have seating for 4) but I LOVE making fun snacks and apps for us to enjoy.
I love potato skins, and the other day while shopping at Target (of course) I had a light bulb moment. What if I made some bite sized potato skin poppers? They’d be perfect for enjoying while hanging out and watching the game!
These Smashed Potato Bites are easy, and only require 4 simple ingredients.
Next you fold the dough over, and pinch the ends shut. You can also press them with a fork to secure them a bit more. Then bake!According to Dave, they are great served with Jalapeno Ranch dip (If you know me, you know that I don’t eat ranch dip or any dip!) I enjoyed mine plain, as did Avery who loves anything involving bacon and cheese, especially when you tell her it’s a “pie”
- 2 Large Baked potatoes, removed from skin
- ½ Cup bacon (about 5-8 slices) chopped small
- 1½ Cups of shredded cheddar cheese (We like Cheddar Jack)
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- Bake and scoop potatoes out of the skins.
- In a large bowl, combine potato, cheese and bacon.
- Using a small glass (2½ to 3 inch radius) cut circles from dough. (You'll have left over fall-off dough. You can roll this out to make more circles, just be sure to roll it out very thin)
- Lay circles out on un-greased baking sheet.
- Scoop filling on to one half of each circle of dough.
- Fold over, and pinch edges together. Using a fork, press the edges down again.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
What is your go to game day recipe? Do you host parties or just enjoy the big game with your family?