You can create this easy DIY Rustic Moss Easter wreath in well under an hour and for under $20! It’s a cute way to decorate your home this Spring!
The past few days have been so wonderfully warm! It’s really gotten me in the springtime state of mind! I am so ready for these temperature ups and downs to be DONE and for it to be warm all the time!
When I came home the other day, I realized I still had our fall star wreath on the front door. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!? I knew I had to fix this, and of course that meant a trip to the craft store!
I wanted to make an Easter wreath that was inexpensive, easy and adorable.
I found a cute bow, small pastel eggs, and a roll of moss (did you know moss came on rolls? No? Neither did I!) All 50% off and all perfect for my project! I also found a roll of chicken wire (Again, I had no idea that this was a thing!) So I picked that up too! I had the foam wreath and floral pins at home.
The total cost of all the supplies was less than $20!!
I wrapped the first roll of moss around the wreath, using the floral pins to hold everything in place. Everything was going well until I got to the end of the first roll and realized, two rolls would NOT be enough to cover the whole wreath! I THINK you’d need 4 rolls (the rolls I had were 4ft long) I only had 2 rolls. What’s a gal to do? IMPROVISE!! I dug through my craft cart and found some twine. PERFECT!
I wrapped a section of the top and bottom of the wreath to fill the spaces between the moss. Next I took the chicken wire and wrapped it all the way around the wreath, again, using the floral pins to hold everything together.
I really like the way the chicken wire looks over the moss.
For more creative Easter and spring ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Dye Your Easter Eggs with Natural Dyes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- How to Marble Easter Eggs With This Nail Polish Hack by The Socialite’s Closet
- How to Make a Really Cute Flower Wall Clock by How Was Your Day?
- Easter Coloring and Puzzle Fun for Kids by Day by Day in Our World
- Washcloth Bunny Easter Egg Holder by Mom on the Side
- Easter Basket Cake by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Rice Krispie Easter Egg Bites by Mom Does it All
- Easter Chick Craft for Kids by Sincerely Mindy
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Eggs by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- Choco Peanut Butter Easter Cookies by Mommy Snippets
- Make Your Own Spring Sunshine Essential Oil Perfume by Style on Main
- Italian Easter Meat Pie by Upstate Ramblings
- Jellybean Bark by Savvy Saving Couple