So, I know it’s almost Mother’s Day, and most bloggers are talking about being a mom, and creating gift guides, and all that jazz, but I want to take a moment to write a bit more about my husband and how much I appreciate him.
Anyone who has ever met Dave, knows what a great person he is. My family would choose him over me any day. He’s a great dad and a great husband. I’ve written about all this before (Real Men, Amazing Dads)
The last few weeks I’ve been working a lot on blogging things, and I’ve been trying to really get my butt in gear and hit the gym. That means I have been slacking a bit on the home front. Dave has been there. He never complains when I head to the “office” to work on a post. He doesn’t get mad (at least not noticeably) when I say “It’ll only take a few minutes!” and it turns into 3 hours. He lets me have all the time I need.
I know he wants to go to the gym, too, but he allows me to go, whenever I want. (We would go together but Avery has been having super-freak outs when we leave her in Child Watch at the Y) He knows I need the time to improve myself (not just physically, but mentally, too) He knows it helps me feel good, and relieves stress. He never complains.
He hangs out with Avery, reading book after book, watching sports and teaching her to be a good Boston fan, or signing the “Jake and the Neverland Pirates” theme song. And, again, he never complains.
He takes care of me. Tonight, I felt like crapola, and he offered to go get me a smoothie (they are my go-to dinner when I’m feeling blah and don’t want to eat) He also got me excedrin and sent me to bed to relax a bit while he and Avery hung out.
I don’t tell him often enough, how much I appreciate him. He works his arse off every day to support our family. He somehow balances being a husband, father, business owner, and employee. He’s not one of those guys who whines about having to “babysit” If I want to go out with my mommy friends for a girls night, or hit the gym I just have to ask and I know the answer is yes, 99.9% of the time. (Please don’t think I’m selfish and spoiled though, If he asks me if he can go play golf, or hang out at Lowe’s for an hour or 5 I say yes 99.9% of the time)
Here are some other things that I love and appreciate about Dave!
- He looks good in whatever he wears (Bonus points to you if you know where this comes from)
- He never fights with me about watching “Dance Moms” or “Teen Mom 2” though he draws the line at any of the “Real Housewives”
- He tells me I’m beautiful, even when I’m a hot mess!
- He is completely crazy about Avery and tells everyone how much he loves her. (He has pictures of her all over his work bench at the shop, and is so proud to show them off)
- He is so incredibly talented, creative and extremely passionate about his work.
- He loves Disney World, and is completely fine with my obsession (as long as we occasionally vacation elsewhere.)
- He knows his way around a grill! (Seriously. Best. Steaks. EVER!)
- He. Cooks. Dinner!!! (pretty much every night, lately)
- He reads stories to Avery.
- He tucks Avery in every night, and it would totally ruin his day if he didn’t.
- He remembers all Anniversaries and important dates (I’m the jerk who forgets them!)
- He appreciates me.
- He motivates me to be awesome! Whether at the gym, as a mom, or as a woman in general, he helps me to strive to be the best I can be.
- He makes me laugh to the point of tears and sore abs.
- He’s the perfect husband for me, and the perfect father for Avery!
So, Dave, I just want to say THANK YOU for everything you do and everything you are! You’re my favorite and I love you more every day!