I realized last night, that we still had our Spring flower wreath on the front door! I thought “Oh no, this will not do! We need something more festive!” So, I hopped on pinterest to seek out some inspiration. I had the idea to use twigs (Since the tree came down in our back yard, we have an abundance) and came across this DIY Rustic Twig Star “Oh I can make this!”I said, and I got right to work. Seriously. It was well after 8pm, Dave was trying to get Avery to fall asleep, and there I was, tip-toeing around the back yard searching for twigs (and acorns)
I finished this project in less than an hour, it was easy, and cost me exactly zero dollars since I had everything on hand!
What you need:
-Twigs (longer ones for larger stars)
-Add-ons (I found acorns, and made a bow)
Step 1: Sort your sticks into 5 equal bunches (Mine were bunches of three twigs each)
Step 2: Tie the bunches of sticks together to make them easier to work with.
Step 3: Lay out the star to get a feel of which bunches will work best where.
Step 4. Using twine, bind the ends together creating the star shape, and glue the ends in place on the back.
Step 5: Glue on your bow, acorns, leaves, whatever you’d like to make it your own!I’m quite happy with how it came out, and it adds some Fall flare to our front door (And yes, I fixed it after I saw these pics and realized how terribly crooked it was!! AHHH!!) I plan to make a larger one for Christmas!! What do you think?
For more Pinterest Remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Fall centerpiece in less than 5 minutes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Garden fresh, creamy tomato basil soup by Oh So Savvy Mom
- Candy corn wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Spaghetti squash pizza boats by Homemaking Hacks
- Apple pecan stuffing recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Pumpkin scones by Jennifer Sikora
- Pumpkin seed granola by Better in Bulk
- Pumpkin cream cheese muffins by Mom Does it All
- French onion soup by OurFamilyWorld
- Mummy Halloween pumpkin centerpiece by Simply Southern Mom
- Coffee rub burgers by Roasted Beanz
- Buffalo chicken deviled eggs by Home and Garden Cafe
- Pumpkin marshmallow M&M blondies by Simply Mindy
- Honey lavender cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- Mini chocolate apple pops by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Spaghetti and meatball muffins by Mom Always Finds Out