Disclaimer: Our Pot O’ Gold Slime post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through one of the links below, we receive a few gold coins. Thanks!
It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day! We’re wearing our green, preparing our Leprechaun traps, collecting our gold coins, and making gold slime! Try our easy and fun Pot O’ Gold Slime recipe!
Our family is a wee bit late to the slime game. I’d been avoiding it because all my friends have been very anti-slime and I expected it to be awful. But, Avery has been begging to make it so I gave in. And guess what? It wasn’t awful at all. Honestly it was simple, took no time, and the mess was contained to one bowl for easy clean up.
For our first foray into slime making, we decided to make some St. Patrick’s Day Slime! Our Pot O’ Gold Slime is perfect for your favorite Leprechaun!
You will need:
- 6oz (one bottle) Clear Elmer’s Glue
- 1/2 TBSP Baking Soda
- 1 TBSP Contact Lens solution
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- Fine Gold Glitter
- A mixing bowl
- Pour entire bottle of glue into the bowl
- Add baking soda, and mix thoroughly
- Add a few drops of the acrylic paint – you don’t need a lot – mix well
- Add glitter
- Add contact lens solution, and mix until slime starts to form.
- Continue to knead the slime with your hands.
- If slime is too sticky, add 1/4 TBSP contact solution until it’s the preferred consistency.
- Have Fun!
The gold paint gave it a nice pearlescent lustre and the glitter really made the slime sparkle! Just like a pot of gold!
Pot O’ Gold Slime
What do you think of our Pot O’Gold Slime? Will you be making some for St. Patrick’s Day? Do you have any fun St. Patrick’s Day craft ideas? Share them in the comments!