My sweet friend Audrey recently wrote THIS blog post about her best friend, Vera.
Reading it inspired me to write a post about my best friend, Kate.
Kate and I have been best friends since 9th grade, a long, long, LONG, time ago. We met at our lockers on the first day of High School. From that point on, we were pretty much together all. the. time. We went to every NSYNC and Backstreet Boys concert together (with our other girlfriends) and every Dave Matthews Band concert with all our girl and guy friends. We spent most Wednesday, Friday, Saturday nights and many Sunday afternoons together at Albany River Rat Hockey games (Section 103, Row AA Seats 14 & 15) We went on road trips to hockey games in Connecticut and Canada, and everywhere in between. Summer’s were spent at the lake by Kate’s house, or on her parents boat on Lake George. The mall, the movies, everything typical teen girls do. We had a bit of a “separation” in college, since we went to different schools, had different circles of friends, and were both incredibly busy with school, but we always came back to our friendship.
I was in her wedding, and she was in mine. We’ve vacationed together, and I dream of building a house right next door to her (though Dave would have to get over his passionate hatred of winter)
We have so many inside jokes that I can’t even count them, but she’s the only one who knows who Murray is, and the only one (other than her mom) who understands the humor in “Follow That Bus”!
She’s pretty, she’s funny, she’s kind and she smart.
She’s my BFF!
Here are just ten things that I love about Kate!
- She is always there for me. Even when I’ve been a jerk, even in the times when we’ve had disagreements, I know that I can always call her, and she’ll be there. She was there through typical teenage drama, through the loss of my grandparents, though the “Oklahoma debacle” though everything.
- She loves Avery, and I know that I could absolutely trust her and her husband to take care of Avery if we ever needed them to. They are amazing Godparents! I mean, Kate even took the time to pick out all the “potentially containing Strawberry flavor” Jelly Belly’s in Avery’s Easter basket! I mean, of course she ate those potentially hazardous beans, but, that still took some serious love and dedication!
- She forgives me when I’m a jerk. And I have DEFINITELY been a jerk. A bunch of times.
- She’s my fashion guru. Whenever I’m confused about what shoes I can wear with what dress, or what level tint BB cream I should be using, she’s the one I go to! She even gives me her hand-me-down designer bags and has bought me some as gifts so that I can occasionally feel like a grown up. (And not carry my cash, cards, ID and phone in my pocket like a 10 year old…)
- She’s always up for an adventure, and never has a problem meeting Avery and I half way, or driving “all the way” out here to RI for a visit. When I think of some of my favorite memories, Kate is there. We’ve had so many great times together!
- She STILL goes to boy band concerts with me.
- If I showed up on her doorstep, in the middle of the night (or any time) she’d take me in. (And until she has a baby, I have my own room at their house haha)
- She likes beer and country music and camping, and racing, and baseball and hockey and football, and all that stuff that I like too.
- She gets me…like really, really gets me, like nobody else does.
- She’s my family. Not by blood, of course, but in my heart.
Thanks for always being an incredible friend to me, and to my family, Kate! We all love you!
Who is your best friend? How long have you known them? What makes them awesome?