It’s my favorite time of year! We have birthdays galore (including Dave’s, mine, ad Avery’s) Easter is coming, and before that is St. Patrick’s Day!! I love celebrating all these fun days!
This year, Avery will be performing with her Irish Dance School and I cannot wait! They’ll be dancing for elementary school children, and residents at a local nursing home. It will be such a fun way to bring some joy and Irish Spirit to our community!
I wanted to put together some treats for the other girls and the teachers, so I thought I’d try out a few recipes. The first one was Leprechaun Chocolate Bark!!
It’s simple, and you only need 4 ingredients.
-2 bags of White chocolate (candy melts or chips)
-1 cup crushed/broken vanilla cookies
-Green chocolate candies, as much as you’d like (I used about half a cup)
Melt one bag of chocolate, according to the directions on the package, and pour it out onto wax paper.Using a spoon, spread the chocolate out.
Once the bottom layer has hardened, you can melt your next bag of chocolate. Pour and spread onto the cookies.Now add your candy! Make sure you press the candy into the chocolate so they stick. Add sprinkles if you’d like, and put it back in the refrigerator to harden. Now you’re ready to break or cut your bark into smaller pieces! I cut mine because I liked the way the sharp edges looked. You can package them in a tin, or treat bags, and give as a gift!
For more St. Patrick’s Day and Irish ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Irish Dublin Coddle Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Green Shamrock Gummy Candy by This Mama Loves
- Enjoy a Simple Irish Meal featuring Shepherd’s Pie by Day by Day in Our World
- Irish Skeleton Key Necklace by The Socialite’s Closet
- Mint Shower Scrub Bridal Party Favor by A Bride on a Budget
- Skinny Shamrock Shake by Jen Around the World
- Shamrock Smoothie Creation by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Mint Chocolate Fluff by Mom on the Side
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes by Kids Fun Reviewed
- St. Patrick’s Day Wreath – Dollar Store DIY by MommaDJane
- Lucky Rustic Wall Hanging: A Paint Stick Craft by Food Fun Family
- Green Tea & Peppermint Sea Salt Foot Scrub by Sincerely Mindy
- Matcha Pear Green Smoothie by Upstate Ramblings
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- DIY Shamrock Tree by Simply Southern Mom
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Brownies by Mom Does it All
- No Bake Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Mini Banofee Pie by Beyond Mommying
- Green Smoothies for St. Patrick’s Day by Family Focus Blog
- Good Luck Vintage Cab Ring by Style on Main
- Send Them Out the Door Ready for a Good Day by Beautiful Touches