The past few days it has felt like Spring! It was in the 50s and 60s! There was even a point, sitting in the Target parking lot, while Avery slept in her car seat, that I had to turn on the AC! But, in typical New England fashion, we’re supposed to get a huge snowstorm today. So I needed something to brighten what will inevitably be a dreary few days.
With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, I wanted to make something with that theme in mind. So I thought, what is bright and happy, and fits in with the St. Paddy’s Day vibe? RAINBOWS!!!
I decided to make a big, bright,and adorable little french barrette! Avery has plenty (like, at least 25) shamrock hair clips, but she doesn’t have any rainbow ones. And her hair is finally long enough to pull back in a pony tail, so she can wear larger, french style barrettes!!
This barrette is very easy to make, and took me less than 10 minutes, start to finish!
First, you’ll want to get all your supplies together. Trim your ribbon to the length you’d like (keep in mind, you’ll be folding it in half, so base the length on that)
Next, cut out two identical clouds from your felt. Make sure the clouds are large enough to cover the entire barrette. Avery chose a glitter felt to give it a bit of sparkle!
Once your clouds are cut, you can begin gluing on the ribbon! Once you have all your ribbons glued in place, glue the other cloud on top. The ribbon will be sandwiched between the clouds. (Mmmmm! Rainbow sandwich!!)
I loved the clip, but felt it was missing something… but what?!
Perfect! I think this Rainbow Barrette looks super cute and I can’t wait for Avery to wear it on St. Patrick’s Day!!
For more St. Patrick’s Day posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make a Honey and Irish Buttermilk Bath by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- How to Choose a Claddagh Ring and What it Means by The Socialite’s Closet
- Sneaky Ways to Wear Green this St. Patrick’s Day by Day by Day in Our World
- Can Your Style Bring You Luck by The Guavalicious Life
- Kitschy Cool Ways to Rock The Shamrock by How Was Your Day?
- Super Fun Green Makeup Finds by Style on Main
- DIY Rainbow Barrette by sweet lil you
- Fun Ways to Sneak in Some Green this St. Patrick’s Day by Flabby Fashionista
- DIY Celtic Knot Headband by The Eyes of a Boy