This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasterSweets #CollectiveBias
Want to create your own delicious chocolate eggs? They are perfect for gifting to your friends and family!
Let me tell you guys something…I am 34, and my mom STILL makes me an Easter basket! Up until Avery was born, she even hid Easter Eggs for me to find. I am not at all ashamed@ Nope! In fact, I think it’s pretty AWESOME! I’m such a kid at heart, and Easter is one of those fun holidays that I really enjoy!
So, my point is, Easter isn’t just for kids! I know many of my grown up friends don’t receive fun Easter treats, so I decided to make them some!
You probably won’t be surprised to know that I buy ALL my Easter Basket essentials at Target! I love how they have everything I need, in one convenient location! I picked up Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake, Easter M&M’s Milk Chocolate, Easter DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs, Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans, a cute Starburst Carrot, and my eggs, baskets and grass, and a couple fun baking supplies! (Click HERE to see how you can save 10% on your favorite MARS products and click HERE to save 10% on Starburst Jellybeans!)My original plan was to make a yummy chocolate bark, but then I saw some very cool egg shaped spring form pans, so I used those to create delicious Strawberry Shortcake Chocolate Easter Eggs!! You can follows the same instructions, and create regular bark as well! It will still taste just as great!
-Milk chocolate chips
-White chocolate chips
-Shortbread cookies (broken into small pieces)
-Freeze dried strawberries
-Easter M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake (Available exclusively at Target, for a limited time only.)
The recipe is simple.
- Melt your milk chocolate chips according to the package.
- Pour a layer of chocolate into your pan, or onto wax paper if you’re making traditional bark.
- Add your shortbread and strawberry pieces.
- Set in fridge to chill and harden.
- Melt your white chocolate chips.
- Pour a very thin layer of white chocolate over the cookies, and strawberries.
- Let chill in fridge. to harden.
- Once solid, add a small amount of strawberry syrup
- Pour another layer of melted white chocolate on top of the strawberry syrup, and quickly but gently stir it around using a toothpick. (You have to be quick because the syrup will cause the chocolate to start to set up.
- Decorate your eggs or bark by pressing M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake into the chocolate.
- Allow them to cool and harden.I packaged my eggs in cellophane bags and tied them with a spring ribbon! They are perfect for gifting just like this, BUT it’s more fun if you put them into small baskets!!
I had delicious Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans, so I filled a few eggs to add to the baskets, along with DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs, and a cute Starburst Carrot!Who wouldn’t love an Easter treat like this?!? I created these little baskets to give to our friends, but we have a special family member I wanted to give a special gift to! My Aunt always hosts our family (including our dog!) for holidays, so we wanted to give her a special treat to say “Thanks!”
She loves M&M’s and baking, so I created a little mason jar “basket” just for her! I filled the jar with M&M’s and DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs, then added in the Starburst Carrot and a cute spring themed spatula! I wrapped the jar with bakers twine to make it more decorative, and tied a spring butterfly cookie cutter around the jar! Cute right?!
Looking for more ideas? Want to try some of the delicious treats from MARS and Wrigley? Well, Super Targets will be hosting a special Easter sampling event on 3/20! Check it out, and get everything you need for the perfect Easter basket!