I have driven by the Warwick boloco restaurant many many many times, but never stopped in. I had thought they were just another burrito joint and that I wouldn’t like anything they had to offer. I was so, so wrong. And now I’m kicking myself for the many missed opportunities at an awesome lunch (or dinner!) After hearing, from friends, about their awesome experiences, and the amazing menu, I knew I had to give it a try! I figured even if I can’t find a burrito or salad I like, they have milkshakes, and I sure do love me some milkshakes!
After soccer, Avery and I stopped in to the boloco in Warwick, RI. We were greeted warmly, and I mentioned that it was our first time, and I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. The girl at the register explained everything to me. She told me that everything was available as a burrito or bowl and if I didn’t like any of the options I could “goloco” and create my own!
I decided on the teryaki burrito, minus the onions, plus white meat chicken! Boloco burritos come in three sizes; original, small and mini. Bowls also come in three sizes; big, original and small.
My burrito was phenomenal! The ingredients were fresh and flavorful and I ate every bite! For dessert I got myself a mini Jimmy Carter (peanut butter & banana) shake! It was absolutely delicious!
I was really impressed with the kid’s meals! I wasn’t sure what they’d have, and with Avery being so particular, I didn’t know if she’d eat anything. There were actually a few things that she would like. She chose a cheese & cheese burrito, with organic milk and a mini cookie for dessert! I ate half the cookie and it was really good! I love that they give the kids crayons so they can color on the bag! Such a simple and brilliant idea.
Avery and I both loved our lunch and we will definitely be back very soon! (I need to try the pumpkin and nutella shakes!)
Here is some more cool info about boloco:
- Boloco stands for Boston Local Co. and was founded in 1997
- They strive to meet the dietary needs of their customers, so whether you’re gluten or dairy free, vegetarian, or have allergies, they’ll do what they can to make sure you get a good meal!
- Boloco cares about the environment and that shows in their food (naturally-raised meats) and restaurant (corn cups and bamboo bowls, as well as having bins for recycle, trash and compost!)
- The Warwick location has a drive thru! Super delicious, and healthy fast food!
- They offer the option to order online and pick up, or you can order on little tablets in store (if you just don’t feel like talking to people, or are in a hurry)
- There are 22 locations. Most are in Boston and New England but they have opened a DC and Bethesda, Maryland location as well.
- The decor is awesome and features gorgeous signature artwork!
- The Warwick shop is located at 1000 Bald Hill Rd, Warwick, RI 02886For more info check our the WEBSITE and be sure to follow boloco on FACEBOOK and TWITTER!
So, how would you like to win a $20 gift card to boloco? $20 can buy you a bunch of burritos or bowls or salads or smoothies or shakes!
It’s easy to enter! Just go to the boloco site, and check out the menu, then come back here and let me know what you’d order with your gift card!