**Disclosure- We were offered tickets to this event, in exchange for promotion, but guess what? We had already bought them! All opinions are our own!** Avery has just started to show an interest in the awesomeness that is American Girl. She has visited the store, and was given an original Felicity doll by my sweet cousin. So, when we heard that The Blackstone Valley Tourism Council was partnering with American Gil Boston to present a special train ride, we knew we needed tickets! On September 19th, Avery and I will be departing the Historic Blackstone Valley Depot and taking a tour through the Blackstone River Valley National Historical Park. There will be fun activities, crafts, treats, and more!!
Grace Thomas™, American Girl® 2015 Girl of the Year™, has a three-book story based on her life growing up in the Blackstone River Valley. Grace’s story identifies landmarks including: a train ride through the Blackstone Valley, Slater Mill Historic Site, the Blackstone River and Canal, and the Blackstone Bikepath. To celebrate the Grace character and give girls a chance explore the real-life setting of her stories, the Blackstone Valley Tourism Council—in partnership with American Girl Boston—are presenting the “Grace Thomas Train Ride Experience.” These special train rides will begin at the Historic Blackstone Valley Depot and take girls and their families through the Blackstone River Valley National Historical Park with a variety of Grace-themed activities, including crafts, treats, and tons of photo opportunities.
Come along for a spectacular trip with your favorite American Girl® doll!
The train ride includes:
- 60-minute round trip train ride
- Photo ops with American Girl and Blackstone Valley backdrops
- Pink lemonade served in a keepsake mug
- Entertainment, activities, crafts, and games aboard the train
- On-train presenters, and costumed chefs
- A gift bag with keepsake souvenirs for each child:
- A celebration shirt for Grace Thomas™
- American Girl® recipe book
- Cookie cutter set
- Delicious chocolate Eiffel Tower candy
- American Girl® scrapbook
- Decorative sticker sheet
- Party balloon for Grace Thomas™
- Doll-size American Girl® shopping bag
Trips depart at 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm and 4 pm.
Visit www.BlackstoneValleyAmericanGirl.com for more info and to purchase your tickets.
And the train ride isn’t all that’s in store for the weekend!! Check out these other fun, Grace Thomas themed events:
- American Girl Grace Thomas Baking Class & French Treasure Hunt at the Museum of Work & Culture Saturday, September 19th at 10 am & 1:30 pm CLICK HERE FOR INFO & TICKETS
- American Girl Weavers at Historic Slater Mill Sunday, September 20th at 10 am CLICK HERE FOR INFO & TICKETS
- American Girl Grace Thomas Riverboat Ride on the Blackstone Valley Explorer Sunday, September 20th at 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm & 4 pm CLICK HERE FOR INFO & TICKETS
We can’t wait for our train ride, and we hope to see you aboard!!