I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.
IT’S SUMMER!!! I love summer. I hate heat, the oppressive, insufferable, sweltering heat, and humidity, but, I love summer. I especially love family cookouts and barbeques!! As a kid, our family had lots of cook outs and clam steams. It was so much fun as a kid, to eat outside, and now as an adult, I understand how much better it is to cook outside too!
I must confess, I do not do the grilling. I have a completely irrational fear of turning on the grill and having it blow up in my face, so I let Dave handle that. I handle the shopping and prep!
Avery and I headed to Price Chopper to pick up everything we’d need for a little family cook out. Since Avery is the hot dog queen, I let her choose those. I always knew my girl had good taste, but it was definitely proven when she walked back to the cart with Ball Park’s NEW Park’s Finest! I loved the packaging (it’s the graphic designer in me!) and was thrilled to see that not only are they all beef, but they are nitrate and artificial preservative free!!
Price Chopper made it easy to find every thing we needed (and things we hadn’t even thought about) with their House of BBQ signage and solution centers throughout the store!
I also spotted the new Hillshire Farms American Craft Sausages and knew Dave would LOVE the Jalapeno & Cheddar style, and I had a plan for the Garlic & Onion style!
We headed home and started prepping for our outdoor feast!
I wanted to use the sausages a little differently, so I decided to make some Corn Dog Bites!
They are really simple! You just need a box of honey cornbread mix, an egg, a bit of butter and milk, sausage or hot dogs and some cheese!
I mixed the ingredients together, rolled them in to little bite sized balls (you could also use a mini muffin pan!) and popped those suckers in the over (400* for 8-10 minutes) and BAM!
Avery started chowing down the minute I put them out on the table! She didn’t even want to have a hotdog, she just want “one more cupcake”
I also made a quick beer-cheese dip and put out some mustard for dipping. Two great condiments for corn dog bites! And of course we needed a drink. Blueberry lemonade? In a mason jar? If that doesn’t scream summer, I don’t know what does!
We grilled up some sausages and hot dogs, and kicked back and relaxed!Well, Avery didn’t relax…she ran…in circles.
It was really nice to enjoy family time outside. We had a nice night of eating, playing, laughing, and eating some more!
- 1 package of Honey cornbread mix (I use Krusteaz)
- 1 egg
- 2 tblsp melted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Hillshire Farm American Craft sausages
- Combine cornbread mic, butter, egg, and milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in cheese and sausage until evenly distributed throughout.
- Roll into small, bite sized balls (about 1 inch) and place on a baking sheet Note: If dough is too sticky, you can put it in the fridge for a bit, til it firms up and is easier to work. If you have a mini muffin pan, you can use that as well)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees (oven times vary so watch them to make sure they don't burn)
For more great grilling tips, and info on #PriceChopperBBQ follow them on their social channels:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PriceChopper
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PriceChopper
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/pricechopper
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PriceChopper1932