While shopping at Target, I spotted this little wire waste basket, and Halloween burlap ribbon, and the gears started turning. I though it would be fun to make a treat basket, to put all the goodies in for our Trick-or-Treaters!
The basket was $3 and each roll of ribbon was $1. (I bought 4 rolls, but only needed two) Other than scissors and glue (which I had at home) the basket and ribbon are all you need! What I’m saying is, this project only cost $5 to complete! And it’s EASY! Like, really, really easy. In fact, I’m willing to say that this project could not possibly be any easier. Seriously, folks. It took me about 10 minutes from start to finish.
All you do is weave the ribbon through each row of the basket. Over-under-over-under-over-under…well, you get the picture. Then glue the two ends together. When you start the next row, you’ll just alternate the over-unders.
See? SO EASY! In the time it took you to read this post, you could have made one yourself! This basket will be perfect for holding all our Halloween treats, and I already have ideas to make these for other holidays! It would make a cute and different Easter Basket, or a fun way to wrap a Christmas gift. The options are endless!
For more Halloween ideas, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza by A Mom’s Take
- Halloween Treats – Witch Hats & Brooms by Mom Does it All
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- DIY Halloween Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Halloween Candied Popcorn by Better in Bulk
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Halloween Fudge by Upstate Ramblings
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Scary Halloween Bones by Jennifer Sikora
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Super Easy Mock Pay Day Bar Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Halloween Candy Apples by Savvy Saving Couple
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by Simply Southern Mom