This is a recipe that my mother used to make pretty often when I was growing up. I hadn’t had it in YEARS and wanted to make it for Dave! It’s really simple and I thought I’d share it here, for you!
Like I said, my mom used to make it all the time. I thought she, being the culinary genius that I believe her to be, had invented this recipe, but she just informed me that she got it from my Aunt who may or may not have gotten it from somewhere else! No matter where the recipe came from, it has become a family favorite! If you know me, or have read this blog regularly, you’ll know that I HATE cream cheese. You might be surprised to learn that this recipe calls for a big ol’ brick of it. And I LOVE this cake!
- 1 9 oz box of yellow cake mix (like Jiffy. If you can't find that, you can use a regular box of mix, but that will yield two cakes)
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 8 oz brick of cream cheese, softened
- 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 container of whipped topping
- Prepare cake mix and bake according to package instructions
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk.
- Add cream cheese and beat together with pudding.
- Mix in pineapple.
- Pour mixture over cooled cake.
- Top with cool whip or other whipped topping.
- Let the cake chill in the refrigerator.
What is your favorite cake?